Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Update: Conflicting stories from MPD regarding the officer related shooting that killed Cornelius Turner? You decide.

Update: This morning, I found an article and video from Fox6 that I hadn't seen before about a vigil for Cornelius Turner.   It was published on 2/2/2014. Here's that video...

 

"Turner’s family rejects the police account of what happened. They believe a neighbor, who says Turner dropped his weapon as he ran."

“My baby is gone. I’m never gonna see him again and it hurts me,” Turner’s mother, Lucrecia Beard Johnson said. 

 “They murdered my child. I know what my child did was wrong,” Johnson said.

  “I would rather my baby be in jail for 10 years, 20 years. I coulda heard his voice. I coulda seen my baby,”  Lucrecia Johnson said."

 Here is the article that I wrote concerning the discrepancies that I noticed in the MPDs account of what happened:

Conflicting stories by MPD? What do you think? 

In the original Fox 6 article, Police Chief Flynn says that his officer had no other alternative then to shoot the suspect because, “During the struggle, the suspect reached into his waistband and pulled a loaded, semi-automatic black Glock pistol. The officer, fearing for his life, pulled out his sidearm and shot the suspect,”

http://fox6now.com/.../police-sources-say-officer.../

According to this more recent article by Fox6, The criminal complaint says that "Turner refused to remove his hands from his pocket," It says, "The officer pointed his service weapon at Turner and ordered him to show his hands. When Turner turned to face the officer, hand still in his pants, the officer fired three shots preventing Turner from pulling a gun on the officer.

Turner was pronounced dead at the scene. A gun found under his body was identified as a loaded .45 caliber pistol" http://fox6now.com/.../man-charged-with-felony-murder.../

So which was it Chief Flynn? Did he pull the gun out of his waistband or, did he have his hands in his pockets?